This spring we will test kindergarten through eighth grade students using the MAP assessment tool. The MAP testing window is from May 3 to May 14. The computer-based assessment will be administered to students in-person because we know that the most reliable administration and data point comes when students are tested in-person. The purpose of the assessment is to continue to obtain data points on our students and to continue to plan for instruction that meets the needs of each student. With the testing being in-person on assigned days/times it will be important for the school to partner with families to help this process be as successful as possible.
The schedule for MAP testing is as follows:
- Kindergarten will take place on Monday, May 10.
- First grade will take place on Monday, May 10.
- Second grade will take place on Tuesday, May 11.
- Third grade will take place on Tuesday, May 11.
- Fourth grade will take place on Wednesday, May 12.
- Fifth grade will take place on Thursday, May 13.
- Sixth grade will take place on Friday, May 14.
Important Details on the Spring MAP Assessment:
- Students will be seated with a minimum of 3 feet of social distance
- Masks will be required
- Remote students invited to the building to test
- Parents or caregivers of remote only students will be responsible for transporting students to and from school on their testing day/time
- Additional details and an online confirmation form will be sent from the school to parents/guardians of full-remote learners.
- MAP testing does require great focus and stamina on the part of the students; therefore on the days your child is testing there will not be additional instruction.
If you have any questions about MAP testing, please feel free to reach out to your child’s teacher or to the main office for more details.